INTERNSHIP TITLE: Gender And Protection Intern
Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Gender and Protection of the RBJ/Tanzania. The position will be based at our Country Office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from 1 October 2021.
The Gender and Protection Team of Tanzania seeks to hire an intern to support the team in mainstreaming gender and protection in the Tanzania programme as well as in enhancing the GEWE visibility, knowledge sharing, and learning. The main task for the intern is to support the data-related tasks and knowledge management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Gender and Protection Advisor. The Intern is expected to perform the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the COMET, programme and IT teams to develop the CO electronic newsletter
- Assist in the implementation of gender and age marker-monitoring phase
- Assist in drafting the gender, protection annual reports
VIEW OTHER RECENT JOBS BELOW:
- 2 New Jobs Vacancies At Tanzania Red Cross Society, August 2021
- 14 New Government Jobs At Ministry Of Land And Housing Development Zanzibar, August 2021
- New Jobs Vacancies At Tanzania Health Promotion Support, August 2021
- New Job Opportunity At NBC Bank, August 2021
- New Job Vacancy At Geita Gold Mining Limited, August 2021
- Support the design and the implementation of GBV campaign
- Assist in the desk review and proof reading of the Gender and protection studies and knowledge management products; and
- Perform other admin duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in graduate level courses or recent graduates (within 6 months of graduation) from a Bachelor’s or Master’s program.
Preferred field of study: Political Science, Sociology, Social Sciences, Development studies, International Development or other relevant programs. Additional qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation, Computer Science, Information Management, and Statistics is an asset.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Advanced working knowledge in English language (proficiency/level C).
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills:
The incumbent should have the following skills and experience: M&E experience, Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); Experience utilizing computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, data capture systems and other software packages and systems; Ability to deliver results through planning and organizing own activities effectively; Ability to manage multiple requests at a time; Excellent teamwork skills in a multicultural environment; Detailed work style and strong work ethics; Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Tanzania annual Gender electronic newsletters
- A draft report on the progress of gender and protection mainstreaming
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP of 14% of the Daily Subsistence Allowance rate of the duty station (the DSA rate for Dar es Salaam is US$223) times the number of days worked in the entire month. The stipend rate ranges from US$665 to US$718 per month for Dar es salaam, Tanzania CO.
- Applicants must be Tanzanian nationals.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline of applications is 14 September 2021.